Saturday, January 12, 2008

Sweet Suzie's Devilish Deeds

Sweet Suzie’s Devilish Deeds
When I was a little girl everyone thought I was the sweetest little thing and for the most part they were right. I said please and thank you at all the right times. I was quiet and soft spoken and never talked back, but just like Achilles I had a week spot. My taste buds.
I loved sweets! My mom was a third grade teacher at the school I went to so after school my brother Jeff and I would wonder the halls and play outside. This left plenty of time to get hungry and thirsty. On most days our mom would give us change for the snack and soda machines. I would push the rectangle for an ICE COLD COCA COLA mmmmm and push in the number for my choice of snack and enjoy. Sadly my mom couldn't give us change every day for a snack so while she wasn't looking I would wonder around her room and glance into the kids desks for loose change. (gasp! I know) I was a good thief and never took all the money from one kid. I would take a quarter from Jim and a dime from Sally until I had enough for a soda. I knew what I was doing was wrong and so would feel guilty. To ease my guilt I would think to myself, "I'll bring some money from home tomorrow and put the money back" but I never did. At least not that I know of. I figure I owe my mom's third grade classes a few hundred dollars from over the years. Maybe "tomorrow" I'll donate a few hundred bucks to the third grade class.

No comments:

Post a Comment