Saturday, January 12, 2008

My Little Stinker

When Tyler was a little over one year old we lived in a spacious apartment complex in Bethlehem. On this particular day Uriah was taking a nap in his room and Tyler was crawling around the living room area while I was cleaning the kitchen. As I was scrubbing the counter tops I heard a crunch and immediately new that Tyler had put something in his mouth and had bitten into it. So I ran over to see what it could have been. As I got closer I could smell something strong. I recognised the smell from my childhood days. It smelled like pine needles only stinky pine needles. What smells like stinky pine needles but isn't stinky pine needles? A squished bug! or in this case a chomped bug, and not just any bug. A STINK BUG! That's what we called those flat grey bugs you usually see crawling up the siding of your house. I put my thumb on Tyler's chin and pulled down to see what was inside and there between his smiling teeth were stink bug parts the legs dangling from his teeth. "SPIT IT OUT TYLER! SPIT SPIT!" but no such luck Tyler was afraid to do anything with that bug once he saw me freaking out. I HATE Stink bugs! Even though this was my child with one in his mouth I could not stick my finger in there and come in contact with this nasty thing. I needed some kind of coverage for my finger. So I ran to the kitchen and pulled off a paper towel, wrapped it around my finger as I ran back to Tyler and scooped that stink bug out of his mouth. Then I gave Tyler a sippy full of water to wash down any remaining parts of the bug. Tyler to this day loves to hear about how he ate a Stink bug:)

No comments:

Post a Comment