Saturday, January 12, 2008

Stubbornness,Pride and Lies

stubbornness, pride and lies
Life certainly is a learning experience. I've learned a lot of things the hard way because I wouldn't listen the easy way. Here is a good example from my childhood.
Growing up I watched my mom and the ladies on TV put on make up. It didn't interest me very much until I hit the sixth grade. That's when I started to want to be more like a girl and fit in with the pretty girly girls (but not too much). I swiped mascara off my mom's bathroom sink and took it to my room. I was really excited to put it on so I went into the bathroom by my bedroom and closed the door. I stood on my tip toes and leaned closer to the mirror as I studied the area the mascara was to go. Alright time to begin, I pulled the wand out and began to apply the mascara very carefully and artfully onto my eyebrows. That's right. I said eyebrows. I brushed it on nice and thick and made sure it didn't smear. I had two eyebrows that were perfectly black and perfectly hard and I was happy with it. When Mom saw me she told me I put it on wrong, but what did she know? I KNEW they were supposed to go on my eyebrows. Can we say stubborn and prideful? I seriously thought I looked good and I wasn't going to admit I was wrong so I wasn't going to take it off. Mom didn't scrub my face instead we went to school like normal (except for my eyebrows). Before we had to be in our homeroom I went to the bathroom to give my eyebrows another look. I was starting to second guess my decision. While I was looking in the mirror two girls from my class walked in to wash their hands. When they noticed me they stopped talking and asked, "Suzie, what's that on your eyebrows?" I could tell by the smirk on their faces that my mom was right and I did something silly so to make things better I said, "It's dirt. I was playing in the dirt before school today. I have to wash it off." They kept the smirk as they walked out of the bathroom. While I washed off the gunk they were probably getting a good laugh. I never did that again and it was a while before I ever tried to put on make up again. When I think about it now it just cracks me up that I told them it was dirt! ha! Who would believe that? Well I could have listened to my mom in the first place when she told me I messed up but if I had I wouldn't have a story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment