Saturday, January 12, 2008

Blockbuster Dayz

For about two years I worked at Blockbuster Video store in Westminster or Eldersburg. I have had a few strange things happen concerning the customers. Here are three of them that stand out the most.
We were located directly next to Burger King and one of the ladies that worked there had two children that would come into our store and pick out video games. On one of these days she came in after her shift was over so she was very sweaty and smelled very much of sweat and burgers. bleh. Her two boys were always very noisy and when they were done would throw the games on the counter. She came up to the counter....oh I forgot to mention that she is also VERY BUSTY! I rang them up and told her the total. She reached for her money which wouldn't have been so bad if it had been in a purse or a wallet or even her pants pocket but NO it was in her CLEAVAGE!!! and not just any cleavage. It was a deep cavernous cleavage the kind of cleavage that one digs around in for forever and is not able to locate lost bills. I stood there staring while she plunged her hands deeper into the abbys dreading what she would pull out. I was hoping for a gun but alas she found what she was looking for and placed it on the counter top and there it sat. I looked at the heap of dollar bills drenched in sweat and saw the moisture ring forming on the counter. She used her hands to flatten each of the bills and then handed them out for me to take as if they hadn't just come from her sweaty bosom. I saw my hand as if in slow motion reach out and pinch the money in the corner and place it in the cash register. After the dirty deed was done I ran not walked back to the bathroom and scrubbed my fingertips. I had another money issue happen that was similar to this one only it was a man and his money was in an index card box. When he opened it to get the money out a whole bunch of trash fell out of it all over the counter top and by our feet. His hands scrambled over the counter top shoving the trash back into the box and pushing the wadded up money to the side. After all the trash was collected he started to unwad the dollar bills and give them to me. This took a while because of how tight he had it balled up. So people if you ever wonder where all those creases on the money come from or why it has a funky smell remember that you never know where that money has been so handle it with care and wash up.
My last story begins in the morning when a goofy looking guy walks in and checks out his movies from a co-worker. Around lunch time the same day I notice this same guy come back in. He kept shooting me glances as he was checking out movies near the front of the store. As I was checking out other customers I saw him getting closer and closer to the front. I had an idea of what was to come and I wanted to bolt but I was the only one in the front of the store. SO here he came looking all nervous and there I stood chanting in my mind, "just say no, just say no, just say no" He said "Hi" I said "Hi, did you need help with something?" He stood right in front of me and said, "Yeah, I'm looking for a movie but I don't remember the title" so I asked, "Do you know what happens in the movie?" He starts to look a little more comfortable and says, "It's about this guy who goes into a Blockbuster Video store and sees this really pretty girl that works there and he asks for her number. Do you know what she said?" I thought "Oh my, no he didn't just say that! Oh yes he did...get it together and pretend you don't understand..sounds like a plan." So I said to him, "Really? I've never seen that movie before, that's pretty cool they used a Blockbuster store." I was realllllly hoping he would just loose his nerve and give up or else just think I was too stupid to pursue any longer. I had no such luck. "No, I was wondering if I can have your number." I looked around the store and saw no one. I was alone and desperate for him to leave so I said, "Sure." My brain was reeling at my mouth, "Why did you just say sure?!?! you were supposed to just say NO!" So then I thought as I was given pen and paper "Just change one number. But he knows where I work he could come back in angry" ahhhh so I put down the right number and when he did call I told him that I was sorta in a relationship with a co-worker but we hadn't made it public yet so I didn't want to start up with anyone else. He fell for it thank heavens. I found out later from another co-worker that new him that he was angry and was going off about it to him. So I had to inform my boss (who was my pretend boyfriend) that he was my boyfriend in case anyone asked. HA that gave me brownie points. Too bad I couldn't just say no. What a mess I could have avoided but like my green thing says on my myspace I don't like confrontations.

No comments:

Post a Comment