Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Mr. Washer

Hush little washer don't say a word, Mama's gonna buy you the best detergent. If that detergent doesn't clean Mama's gonna buy you a sewing machine. What? Sewing machine? Well can't say I didn't try.Tonight I spent some quality time with my washer. I've had my washing machine, or maybe I should say, we've had each other for seven years. Seven years of throwing clothes in and slamming the lid, sometimes only to forget that I've had a load in there for one, two, maybe even three days. Seven years of overloading and under appreciation. He finally had it and threw in (or should I say out) the towel. A broken belt was the minor infirmity with a not so minor bill, but it could have been much worse.I ran downstairs later in the evening to throw in what felt like my first ever load of laundry. Only this time I didn't throw it in but rather gently placed it in. I didn't slam the lid this time either but rather gently lowered it. As I stood back admiring my washer with a new appreciation I noticed the dust and dirt smears. Well that wouldn't do. I pulled out a handy dandy Clorox wipe and went to town on all washer parts within my eyesight, then I went above and under the call of duty by wiping under the lid as well.I gave him a pat and promised to never stuff another oversized quilt into his frame and to try my best to remove all wet clothing within a timely fashion, After all I owe him for his seven years of faithful service. Thank you Mr. Washer!I leave you with this question, "What have you done for your washer lately?"

No comments:

Post a Comment