Thursday, September 30, 2010

When Summer Fades


When Summer fades into fall there is a mixture of feelings jumbled about inside. First, I'm in denial that Summer could be over so fast and I think about the hardships of Winter (socks, shoes, sweaters, coats, hats and gloves). Then I think of all the flowers that will die and sink into the ground, then there is an excitement of change and the anticipation for fall colors and slightly cooler tempertures. Eventually I come to terms by thinking ahead to next spring when I remember that the flowers will come back up again, the trees will bud and the grass will once again grow tall and have to be mowed.













This made me think of our loved ones that have died and gone on. We can no longer gaze upon their beauty, listen to them speak or hold them in our arms and this makes us very sad and in the begining we deny that anything has changed, but over time we start to heal and we see the excitement in life again and we look forward to a new season in our journey when Spring will come for us again.





No comments:

Post a Comment