Thursday, October 30, 2008

Beware Old Tree


Beware Old Tree
By Suzanne Roman



Beware old tree you stand too close
To the pond whom awaits your fall.
He’ll swallow you up just bits at a time
Trunk, middle and limb.

He’ll digest you at his leisure
For this brings him much pleasure.
Hoping you’ll drag an unsuspecting someone down;

His surface is patient and calm
Reflecting sun, shadow and hew.
Beneath is where mystery looms
His soul and sorrows glide,

Under the prickly paws that break the surface,
Past the roots of Bulrushes brown,
Between the grasses green,
And settles beneath the cloudy muck.

Oh how he watches you old tree!
Oh how he watches me!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:06 PM

    Ok, great word pictures, but a little dark for you Swoozy! It's perfect for Halloween week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:07 PM

    Anonymous is Robin, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you scared me at first :) I was wondering who would know me but go as anonymous:)lol
    I actually am a little afraid of ponds or water that is dirty and has things poking out of it from under the water. The poem is how I feel near ponds or rivers like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:06 PM

    Love all of your blogs. So glad to have a glimpse into your world. I always knew you are a fantastic woman!
    Love ya bunches,
    Miss Dianne

    ReplyDelete